Subscribe to our mailing list to be notified of updates and new additions. Thank you for your interest in hearing from us.
A Yarn Dreamer's Tale
I have been captured by Alpacas
My journey began seventy years ago in Berlin, Germany. I entered the United States as a motion picture editor in 1964. After forty-three years in film, and a life with a menagerie that included twelve cats, five dogs, nine geese, several chickens and Jimmy the Rooster, I met Honeycomb the Alpaca. Then the past became prologue.
Her fabulous eyes, gentle nature, incredibly soft fleece, and humming sounds introduced a new phase in my life. I fell in love with this gift from the Andes, and now I have Star of Bethlehem, Queen of Sheba, Alhambra del Fuego, Rhett Butler and Tahitian Pearl providing fleece to create one of a kind hand-spun yarns and garments for you to treasure and enjoy!!!
Yarn Dreamer Knitting Retreats and Workshops 2014
Knit in Paradise (or not far from it!) at Insel Haus B&B on Bois Blanc Island, Michigan.
- Starting at just $320 per person for lodging, meals and knitting instruction. Add $50 per night for a private room. Additional nights, $50 per night.
Retreat workshops are led by Yarn Dreamer, Christa Newhouse: Fiber Artist & Teacher
Book the entire weekend for your guild, shop or knitting group and get 11 spaces for the price of 10. PLUS select any one of Christa’s workshops*. *Material fees are not included in pricing and vary per workshop.
Reserve space for you or your knitting group on one of these 2014 weekends: *
- Double knit scarf, an introduction.
- Bi-Color Brioche double sided scarf, an introduction.
- Double knit tassels.
- Personalized pillbox hat with techniques that include i-cord cast on and bind off, two color knitting, bobbles.
- Scarf and mittens with cobweb ruffles.
- Reflections ruana. A color study with bobbles and a not-so-common bind-off.
- May 2-4
- May 16-18
- June 6-8
- June 20-22
- July 11-13
- August 8-10
- August 22-24
- September 5-7
- September 19-21
- October 3-5
- October 17-19