Select the dates for your booking and how many people will stay. Click submit and we will contact you with room availability.
Subscribe to our mailing list to be notified of updates and new additions. Thank you for your interest in hearing from us.
A Yarn Dreamer's Tale
I have been captured by Alpacas
My journey began seventy years ago in Berlin, Germany. I entered the United States as a motion picture editor in 1964. After forty-three years in film, and a life with a menagerie that included twelve cats, five dogs, nine geese, several chickens and Jimmy the Rooster, I met Honeycomb the Alpaca. Then the past became prologue.
Her fabulous eyes, gentle nature, incredibly soft fleece, and humming sounds introduced a new phase in my life. I fell in love with this gift from the Andes, and now I have Star of Bethlehem, Queen of Sheba, Alhambra del Fuego, Rhett Butler and Tahitian Pearl providing fleece to create one of a kind hand-spun yarns and garments for you to treasure and enjoy!!!
Yarn Dreamer Knitting Retreats and Workshops 2014
Knit in Paradise (or not far from it!) at Insel Haus B&B on Bois Blanc Island, Michigan.
- Starting at just $320 per person for lodging, meals and knitting instruction. Add $50 per night for a private room. Additional nights, $50 per night.
Retreat workshops are led by Yarn Dreamer, Christa Newhouse: Fiber Artist & Teacher
Book the entire weekend for your guild, shop or knitting group and get 11 spaces for the price of 10. PLUS select any one of Christa’s workshops*. *Material fees are not included in pricing and vary per workshop.
Reserve space for you or your knitting group on one of these 2014 weekends: *
- Double knit scarf, an introduction.
- Bi-Color Brioche double sided scarf, an introduction.
- Double knit tassels.
- Personalized pillbox hat with techniques that include i-cord cast on and bind off, two color knitting, bobbles.
- Scarf and mittens with cobweb ruffles.
- Reflections ruana. A color study with bobbles and a not-so-common bind-off.
- May 2-4
- May 16-18
- June 6-8
- June 20-22
- July 11-13
- August 8-10
- August 22-24
- September 5-7
- September 19-21
- October 3-5
- October 17-19